Hearing Awareness Week 2022
World Hearing Day
World Hearing Day is held on 3 March each year to raise awareness on how to prevent deafness and hearing loss and promote ear and hearing care across the world.
- Hearing loss is costing Australia $15 billion a year in health system costs and lost productivity
- Hearing loss affects 70% of people over the age of 70 and it has a huge impact on the quality of life
- It is more common than heart disease, cancer and diabetes
- 500,000 hearing aids are bought every year in Australia
- 10,000 people whose first language is Auslan cannot be left behind and deserve better access to education, jobs & community life